Cookies and this website

This website uses cookies to give you the best online experience. If you'd like to know more please read our cookie policy

Skip to content

Preparing adverts

Please bear with us whilst we prepare the new adverts. During this time you won't be able to use this website. Please wait a few minutes and then try again.

Welcome to Wiltshire

Homes4Wiltshire is a Choice Based Lettings scheme for people seeking accommodation because their present homes are unsuitable.  Choice Based Lettings (CBL) schemes like Homes4Wiltshire operate by means of ‘bids’ or expressions of interest in advertised homes from people in housing need. Homes4Wiltshire is a partnership between Wiltshire Council and about 30 landlords providing affordable homes in the area.

Once you have created an account and completed an online housing application, please refer to the How to Apply page for details of the supporting information and documents required for our team to assess your housing need.  Scans and photos may be sent to or photocopies marked with your log in reference may be posted to Homes4Wiltshire, Wiltshire Council, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge BA14 8JN

We assess applicants' housing need for admission to the Housing Register as quickly as practicable.  We have a 1 month backlog of incoming documents and a 1 month backlog of emails at December 2020.  We will only look at online applications if we receive documents or an email from you.  NB Emails with supporting documents will not necessarily receive a personal response until we are able to assess the housing need in your case, merely an automated acknowledgement.

We appreciate that some people are seeking accommodation urgently.  If your need is urgent, please call on 0300 456 0104 or, if you are homeless, please see here.

Demand for social rented housing significantly outstrips supply.  We have over 4,000 households on the Housing Register and Open Market Register, with many hundreds of emails each month.  We only advertise about 1750 homes each year and both houses and 1 bedroom general needs flats attract dozens of bids from applicants in housing need.  If you can potentially afford to buy a home, advice about low cost home ownership is available from Help to Buy South.

If you are an EU, EEA or a Swiss national, you and your family may need to consider applying to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. For further information, and to apply, please click here.

To learn more about how Homes4Wiltshire works, please click About Homes4Wiltshire above.  For independent housing advice please see the links to Shelter and the Citizens Advice websites.