Cookies and this website

This website uses cookies to give you the best online experience. If you'd like to know more please read our cookie policy

Skip to content


29/03/2020:  In light of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, Wiltshire Council has to perform contingency planning in respect of its services to manage greater infections

Most advertising of homes is ceasing for the time being so we can re-house the people in the greatest housing need, for instance homeless households, people coming out of hospital whose home has ceased to be suitable and people in short stay care beds with no suitable home.  Our partner landlords, where they can, are helping with this.  You will notice a substantial reduction of homes advertised, so that we can fulfil these priorities

If you have an urgent housing need, please call us on 0300 456 0104.  Please DO NOT visit the council's offices to discuss a housing application or bidding for homes during the lockdown.

We believe that, given the unprecedented situation with the lockdown introduced by the UK government to minimise infections, people will understand the need for these steps

  • If you are thinking about applying for re-housing, the reduced number of homes means that discussions will be necessary about alternatives to moving, for example improving people's present housing conditions so that the need for a move is less urgent

  • Where people are struggling to afford their homes, we recommend claiming help with housing costs through Universal Credit and help with the Council Tax from Wiltshire Council

  • If you have made an online housing application and wish to provide supporting documents, please use any scanning facilities to which you have access or a camera and email the images of documents to the service at  Alternatively, photocopies may be sent by post to the council’s offices at Homes4Wiltshire, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Trowbridge BA14 8JN

  • If you have sent supporting documents to help us to perform the housing needs assessment, please be patient and refrain from contacting the Housing Department unless it is essential.  We have a 4 week backlog of housing needs assessments at present

  • If you are an EU, EEA or a Swiss national, you and your family may need to consider applying to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. For further information, and to apply, please click here

I have forgotten my login reference
Your memorable date*
I have forgotten my memorable date


Not yet registered?

Register here